Save the Children
The Senior Project Officer will be based in Paletwa and is responsible to help the partners in implementation of the programe activities which are led by the partners. S/he will closely coordinate with the partners in Paletwa to be in align with the plan and the compliance of Fund Management Office. S/he has to coordinate with Township Health Department to implement the activities as per the work plan.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to (programmatic): Programme Manager, Senior Programme Manager
Reports to (Administrative): Regional Operation Manager (Chin)
Staff reporting to this position (both administrative & programmatic): Nil
Budget Responsibilities: Delegated budget holder (BH)
Financial approval: Authorize expenditure up to 3,000 USD for each program
Role Dimensions: Support programme manager and senior programme manager in project management in close communication and coordination with partners in Platwa; technical knowledge; staff management; budget management (as a Secondary BH); Assist the SPM and PM to ensure the organization’s operational standard and procedures are well practised. Interact with local counterparts and communities; monitoring and supervising the partners; data collection; reporting; representation; advocacy and capacity building
External Representation: Interpersonal contact regular and varied, involved negotiation, influencing skills, and representation at township/state/central levels when delegated
Travel: frequent within the township
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Support the partner in implementation of the activities funded by A2H.
- Develop work plans and revise/update them regularly by coordination with the partners
- Support the partner to implement project activities in accordance with the work plans and budgets.
- Provide programme manager sound explanations for any significant variance (beyond SCI-accepted limits) from work plan and budget plan, together with proposed actions to remedy this situation.
- Remain in close contact with the programme manager and senior programme manager
- Organize, administer and facilitate capacity building activities for the partners
- Support the partner to conduct thematic/sector-specific skill-building sessions among community members and other stakeholders in area of assignment.
- Provide support the partners to collect project data as specified by the project’s M&E framework and send them regularly to the programme manager as well as the central MEAL team
- Monitor and document the progress of project activities in geographic area/s of assignment
- Keep records of activities and report periodically on project progress, with recommendations, in a timely manner
- Assist the programme manager with periodic and other reporting
- Assist in documentation of process and impact of the program as needed.
- Work collaboratively with partners to ensure the effective monitoring, evaluation and documentation of the programme.
- Support the partner to ensure the programme meets the accountability standards and that effective accountability systems are in place.
- Coordinate with Township health department to ensure strengthen its health system through the project.
- Provide support the partner to ensure familiarities with donor compliance issues, ensuring project field sites are compliant with these
- Assist programme manager and senior programme manager in coordinating with local authorities and partners in their area of jurisdiction.
- Ensure regular communications between regional office and head office are maintained
- Support programme manager and senior programme manager in provision of technical support to the partners.
- Make sure procurement process with donor compliance
- Support the partners in development of work plan including procurement plan
- Ensure effective collaboration and coordination among the partners and relevant stakeholders within the township
- Delegated budget holder responsibility for the operation and program implementation budget in the areas under his/her responsibility.
- Support the partners in preparing the budget and budget revisions
- Ensure that project-related information are relayed to the partner staff.
- Help the partner to prepare communication materials to counterparts/partners within area/s of jurisdiction.
Leadership and Representation:
- Motivate and encourage partner staff to engage with village community groups to support community-driven and community-led project implementation and development.
- Facilitate the partner staff be abide to the Do No Harm approach to programming at all time and is complying with Save the Children policies and guidelines.
- Represent Save the Children at local events, and proactively explore opportunities to and engage in advocacy work to change policies and practices for wider and lasting impact on the lives of children in his/her geographic area of responsibility
- Ensure coordination, communication and liaison with key stakeholders including: local authorities, UN agencies, international and national NGOs and other relevant civil society organisations active in the area
Support to Project Delivery and Quality
- Facilitate the partner organizations to mobilize and manage appropriate resources in the field to enable smooth and efficient delivery of high quality projects in line with project plans
- Facilitate to ensure that field staff receive adequate support and training from Save the Children
- Facilitate the partners to ensure that the field staff implement the activities with safety and security
- Provide technical input and support to partner staff developing and implementing the activities if required
- Ensure that all beneficiaries of your program are receiving ongoing, age-appropriate verbal or written information in relevant languages about Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- University degree in a medicine, nursing or public health
- At least four years experience in implementing development or humanitarian programs
- Experience of or capacity for developing empowering management style
- Experience working with the Ministry of Health and Sport, and Department of Social Welfare particularly at Township, Rural Health Centre and SubRural Health Centre levels.
- Experience working on community-driven projects, supporting community structures and leaders to implement projects.
- Demonstrated skills, experience, and knowledge of: community development; working with children and on children’s issues; and working in partnership with other organisations.
- Strong ability to work in a participatory way and within a team, strong facilitation and training skills
- Experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary controls for funds
- Strong interpersonal and community development skills
- Excellent communication skills in local language
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment according to travel requirements
- Excellent people management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working and motivates a team across various geographical areas.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy
Apply at the link below: